National Voter Registration Day: National PTA has partnered with Nonprofit VOTE to produce several resources around the election for our members.
Nonprofit VOTE, National PTA will honor National Voter Registration Day by highlighting the importance of voter registration and voting. National PTA believes voter engagement is vital, as it: advances the mission and values of the PTA, increases voter turnout numbers and helps legislators and local leaders realize the importance of PTA-related issues/priorities. National PTA encourages PTA members form across the country to engage with their communities about registering to vote and the significance of the voting process. PTA members can get involved by reviewing National PTA election guides, and by rolling out voter registration and pledge campaigns.
Voting In Your State: A state-by-state guide produced by Nonprofit VOTE that provides up to date information from state election officials on state election policies, procedures, and regulations.
Nonprofit VOTE has a wealth of election related resources for you to browse through.
These helpful manuals explain what nonprofits can and cannot do around elections, ballot measures, town halls, candidate forums and other election activities.
- Permissible Activities Checklist / En Espanol (PDF): An overview of what nonprofits can and cannot do around elections.
- Candidate Appearances / En Espanol (PDF): Provides guidelines on inviting candidates to appear at your events.
- Hosting a Candidate Forum (PDF): An in-depth guide with step-by-step instructions on planning a candidate forum, including what nonprofits can and cannot do.
- Nonprofits and Ballot Measures / En Espanol (PDF): An overview of what actions nonprofits can take around ballot measures.
- Nonprofits, Voting, and Elections (PDF): Explains the actions that nonprofits can take surrounding voter participation and member election education.
- Nonprofit VOTE has created a series of webinars to explain the ins and outs of nonprofit election activities.
Is Your School Ready to Start a PTA?
You love your child’s school and want to make it better. As a grassroots organization, PTA begins at the local level – your child’s school. Colorado PTA is here to guide you through the steps for each local PTA to become an independent nonprofit business including requirements necessary to ensure compliance with state and federal laws. The process is unique to each potential local PTA, but there are general steps that every local PTA will take to begin chartering.