Since 1948, the Colorado PTA has awarded over 300 scholarships to graduating students who attend PTA/PTSA affiliated high schools.
a student must:
for the scholarship awards are:
COLORADO PTA SUE ANDERSON EDUCATION ADVOCATE AWARD
Throughout the year, National PTA & Colorado PTA offer opportunities, awards, and grants to honor or support PTAs as they: engage families, support student success, improve the health and safety of students and families, increase access to arts education or celebrate advocacy and diversity.
National PTA – School of Excellence Enrollment
National PTA School of Excellence is a recognition program that supports and celebrates partnerships between PTAs and schools to enrich the educational experience and overall well-being for all students. As a National PTA School of Excellence, families feel welcomed and empowered to support student success, and PTA is a key partner for continuous school improvement. The path to excellence starts with a joint commitment of PTA and school leaders to work together to achieve PTA’s National Standards for Family-School Partnerships. Through the School of Excellence program, your PTA and school will gain new ways to engage families in school decision-making, such as improvements to programs, practices, and policies related to education, health, safety or the arts.
- Step 1: Enroll and Gain Support (June 1 – Oct. 1)
- Step 2: Deploy Baseline Survey (Sep. – Nov.)
- Step 3: Set a Shared Objective (Sep. – Nov.)
- Step 4: Complete Initial Application (Submit by Nov. 1)
- Step 5: Follow Roadmap to Excellence (Throughout School Year)
- Step 6: Deploy Final Survey (March – June)
- Step 7: Complete Final Application (Submit by June 1)
- Step 8: Celebrate Your Excellence (Aug.)
- Find out more here.
National PTA School of Excellence Analysis
In a report on the analysis of the 2014-2016 National PTA School of Excellence honorees, we found a:
- 46% increase in the number of families that feel their school and PTA always empower them to support student success.
- 102% increase among families that feel their school and PTA always speak up for every child.
- 53% increase in the number of families that feel their school and PTA always share power in decision-making and school improvement.
- 78% increase in families that feel their school and PTA always collaborate with the community.