Since 1948, the Colorado PTA has awarded over 300 scholarships to graduating students who attend PTA/PTSA affiliated high schools.
a student must:
for the scholarship awards are:
Completed applications must be in the Colorado PTA office, postmarked by March 15 of the current year. Winners will be notified in April and invited to attend as our guest at the Colorado PTA Convention. The scholarship is awarded for one year, split equally by semester. Only current application forms will be accepted. Download the application here!
Guidance for Colorado PTA Scholarship Applicants and RecommendersAn Online Resource, Issued 2022, by Colorado PTA
COLORADO PTA SUE ANDERSON EDUCATION ADVOCATE AWARD
Throughout the year, National PTA & Colorado PTA offer opportunities, awards, and grants to honor or support PTAs as they: engage families, support student success, improve the health and safety of students and families, increase access to arts education or celebrate advocacy and diversity.
National PTA – School of Excellence Enrollment
National PTA School of Excellence is a recognition program that supports and celebrates partnerships between PTAs and schools to enrich the educational experience and overall well-being for all students. As a National PTA School of Excellence, families feel welcomed and empowered to support student success, and PTA is a key partner for continuous school improvement. The path to excellence starts with a joint commitment of PTA and school leaders to work together to achieve PTA’s National Standards for Family-School Partnerships. Through the School of Excellence program, your PTA and school will gain new ways to engage families in school decision-making, such as improvements to programs, practices, and policies related to education, health, safety or the arts.
- Step 1: Enroll and Gain Support (June 1 – Oct. 1)
- Step 2: Deploy Baseline Survey (Sep. – Nov.)
- Step 3: Set a Shared Objective (Sep. – Nov.)
- Step 4: Complete Initial Application (Submit by Nov. 1)
- Step 5: Follow Roadmap to Excellence (Throughout School Year)
- Step 6: Deploy Final Survey (March – June)
- Step 7: Complete Final Application (Submit by June 1)
- Step 8: Celebrate Your Excellence (Aug.)
- Find out more here.
National PTA School of Excellence Analysis
In a report on the analysis of the 2014-2016 National PTA School of Excellence honorees, we found a:
- 46% increase in the number of families that feel their school and PTA always empower them to support student success.
- 102% increase among families that feel their school and PTA always speak up for every child.
- 53% increase in the number of families that feel their school and PTA always share power in decision-making and school improvement.
- 78% increase in families that feel their school and PTA always collaborate with the community.