Colorado PTA Membership Challenge 2018 – 2019
Advocacy, Leadership, Membership – the Heart of PTA
Colorado PTA’s Video Contest
Get those creative juices flowing and enter Colorado PTA’s YouTube Heart of PTA Membership video contest!
Create a video, no longer than 45 seconds, promoting the value of PTA. We all love our PTAs! Think about what led you to join PTA and the importance of PTA to you. We want to highlight why PTA membership is so important and why someone (individual, family, student, teacher, or community member) would join. Submit the video to the Colorado PTA office, email@example.com no later than March 31st.
Videos will be shown at the annual Colorado PTA Convention (April 27-28). Delegates will have the opportunity to pick a winner. The winning video will be shared with units across the state as part of our 2019/20 Membership Drive!
Winners will be able to choose one of the following fabulous prizes:
- Colorado PTA will provide five (5) volunteers at an event of your choice during the 2019-2020 school year!
- A personalized PTA or PTSA tablecloth for your local unit
- A $50 certificate to ShopPTA.com
AND will earn state-wide fame and bragging rights!!
Colorado PTA reserves the right to use submitted videos for marketing purposes. Please list your PTA/PTSA name in the ending credits.
The Colorado PTA Board of Directors is excited to present 2018-2019 membership challenge! It is designed to keep your focus on our mission and your success.
Drawing Eligibility (dates are “as of”):
Sept. 1 – submitted dues for the elected officers of your PTA/PTSA (based on officer lists submitted on Member Planet)
- 5 units will win $50, plus a $50 coupon for ShopPTA.com
Oct. 1 – submitted dues reflect an increase over last year’s membership numbers
- 5 units will win $100, plus choice of a personalized PTA/PTSA tablecloth or a $50 coupon for ShopPTA.com
Nov. 1 – 5 units with a member identified as an Advocacy Liaison are eligible to win $100.
Dec. 1 – 5 units with at least 50% of their staff as PTA/PTSA members are eligible to win $100. This helps Colorado PTA celebrate American Education Week in November.
Feb. 1 – 4 units will each win one (1) registration to the Colorado PTA Convention in April 2019.
Apr. 1 –
- TBD to the unit with the highest percentage of male members
- TBD to the unit with the highest percentage of members to student enrollment
- TBD to the unit with the highest percentage growth over the 2017-2018 school year
- NOTE: A unit will only be awarded one prize. If one unit qualifies for more than one category, the money will be awarded to the second place unit.
Jun. 15 – 4 units, selected from those submitting their 2019-2020 officer list, will win $100
Winners will be selected by random drawing, where applicable. Only PTA/PTSA units in good standing will be considered.
Take advantage of all the resources available to you! Share your successes!
Contact Karen Hobson, Colorado PTA Membership Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to share your great ideas to increase membership.