- The Colorado PTA Opposes SB 15-045¸Tax Credits for Nonpublic Education
- The Colorado PTA Supports the Colorado Academic Standards
- The Colorado PTA Supports the Healthy Kids Colorado Survey
- The Colorado PTA Supports Changes in State Law Regarding the Frequency of State-Mandated Assessments
- The Colorado PTA Supports Proposition BB
For Positions & Resolutions Click Here!
Find your elected officials
Lookup your elected officials and candidates. Just enter your ZIP code to get started.
How to Register People to Vote in a Clinic or Anywhere
Comó registrar a alguien para votar en un centro de salud
Being Nonpartisan: Voter Engagement for 501(c)(3) Nonprofits
Getting Started: Nonpartisan Voter Engagement at Your Nonprofit
CLICK THE IMAGES BELOW TO LEARN MORE OR JOIN THE TAKE ACTION NETWORK!
As a school principal, administrator, or board member, you know all about shrinking budgets, increasing class sizes, and government mandates on testing and instruction. You face multiple challenges. There are all kinds of parent groups out there, but there is only one PTA. Part of school and family life for over 110 years, PTA is the defining organization for parent involvement.
Federal Agencies Collaborate to Improve After-School Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Education
The U.S. Department of Education’s 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) program is leading new interagency partnerships to bring hands-on STEM learning opportunities to high-need students during after-school and out-of-school time. Through this collaboration, the Department will expand an existing pilot program with NASA and build new partnerships with the National Park Service (NPS) and the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
National Voter Registration Day: National PTA has partnered with Nonprofit VOTE to produce several resources around the election for our members.
National Voter Registration Day is September 27, 2016. In association with, Nonprofit VOTE, National PTA will honor National Voter Registration Day by highlighting the importance of voter registration and voting. National PTA believes voter engagement is vital, as it: advances the mission and values of the PTA, increases voter turnout numbers and helps legislators and local leaders realize the importance of PTA-related issues/priorities. National PTA encourages PTA members form across the country to engage with their communities about registering to vote and the significance of the voting process. PTA members can get involved by reviewing National PTA election guides, and by rolling out voter registration and pledge campaigns.
These helpful manuals explain what nonprofits can and cannot do around elections, ballot measures, town halls, candidate forums and other election activities.
- Permissible Activities Checklist / En Espanol (PDF): An overview of what nonprofits can and cannot do around elections.
- Candidate Appearances / En Espanol (PDF): Provides guidelines on inviting candidates to appear at your events.
- Hosting a Candidate Forum (PDF): An in-depth guide with step-by-step instructions on planning a candidate forum, including what nonprofits can and cannot do.
- Nonprofits and Ballot Measures / En Espanol (PDF): An overview of what actions nonprofits can take around ballot measures.
- Nonprofits, Voting, and Elections (PDF): Explains the actions that nonprofits can take surrounding voter participation and member election education.
Nonprofit VOTE has created a series of webinars to explain the ins and outs of nonprofit election activities.
- PTA Election Guide 101 (PPT): A helpful power point presentation that outlines the basics of nonpartisan voter engagement and how PTAs can affectively promote election activities in their communities.
- Voting In Your State: A state-by-state guide produced by Nonprofit VOTE that provides up to date information from state election officials on state election policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Voter Registration Tool: You can add this to your web page to provide members with information on registering to vote.
- Nonprofit VOTE has a wealth of election related resources for you to browse through.