Colorado PTA Membership Challenge 2016 – 2017
Every child needs a champion! That’s why the Colorado PTA Board of Directors is challenging you to recruit a member for every student in your school. A lofty goal…yes, however, why not work hard to build and strengthen our voices to advocate for our children’s education, health, welfare, and safety? This is what makes our association different.
This year the membership report includes a section at the bottom to opt in to the membership challenge. Don’t miss your chance to win the following:
Drawing Eligibility: must be a PTA in good standing and postmarked by the applicable date.
Sept. 1 – submit dues for the elected officers of your PTA/PTSA
- 5 PTAs will win $50, plus a $50 coupon for Shop PTA
Oct. 1 – submit dues to reflect an increase over last year’s membership numbers
- 5 PTAs will win $50, plus a visit by one or more of the Colorado PTA Board of Directors
- PTA with the highest percentage growth will win $250 (cannot also win the $50 drawing)
Nov. 1 – based on the percentage of membership to student enrollment – top five PTAs will win $100 each (choice of cash or coupon to Shop PTA), plus a visit by one or more of the Colorado PTA Board of Directors.
Dec. 1 – 5 PTAs with 100% staff membership or a percentage increase in staff membership are eligible to win $100. This helps Colorado PTA celebrate American Education Week in November.
Jan. 1 – 2 PTAs will each win one (1) registration plus airfare to the National PTA Convention in June 2017, not to exceed $500 per award.
- 4 PTAs will each win one (1) registration to the Colorado PTA Legislative Conference in February 2017.
Feb. 1 – 4 PTAs will each win one (1) registration to the Colorado PTA Convention in April 2017.
Mar. 1 –
- $250 to the PTA with the highest percentage of male members
- $250 to the PTA with the highest percentage of members to student enrollment
- $250 to the PTA with the highest percentage growth over the 2015-2016 school year
- NOTE: A PTA will only be awarded one prize. If one unit qualifies for more than one category, the money will be awarded to the second place PTA.
Apr. 1 – Ten PTAs will win a visit by a Colorado PTA Board of Director to a Back to School event for the 2017-2018 school year.
Winners will be selected by random drawing, where applicable. Only PTA/PTSA units in good standing will be considered.
Take advantage of all the resources available to you! Share your successes! Contact Karen Hobson, Colorado PTA Membership Director, at email@example.com with any questions or to share your great ideas to increase membership.
In addition to the monthly challenges, the following awards will be presented at the annual Colorado PTA Convention in April:
- Timberline Staff Award – Those units which have a 10% or greater increase in staff membership.
- Mile High Staff Award – To the unit with the highest percentage of staff members, which includes all certified and classified personnel working at the school – full time and part time.
- Aspen Award – Those units which have a 10% or greater increase in membership.
- Acorn Award – Those units which have a 10% or greater membership to student enrollment ratio.
- Red Oak Award – To the unit with the highest percentage membership to student enrollment ratio.
- White Oak Award – Those units which have a 10% or greater increase in male membership.
- Mighty Oak Award – To the unit with the highest percentage male membership increase.
- Rocky Mountain Award – To the unit with the highest percentage increase in membership.
- Business Award – To any local unit that has recruited 5 or more new businesses as “Business for PTA” partners during the current year.
- “Business in PTA” Award – To the unit with the largest number of business partners.