Colorado PTA is proud to announce!
The following schools have been recognized as a National PTA School of Excellence:
Contact Our PTA Office to Learn More!
Since 1948, the Colorado PTA has awarded over 300 scholarships to graduating students who attend PTA/PTSA affiliated high schools.
In order to apply a student must:
- Be a graduating high school senior and a member of an affiliated PTA/PTSA high school in good standing.
- Plan to enroll as a full time college student taking a minimum of 12 semester hours at a Colorado college or a Colorado vocational school.
- Have been a legal Colorado resident for the last two (2) years.
- Have maintained a 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0-point scale.
Criteria for the scholarship awards are:
- Scholastic Record: Current transcript including GPA, class rank and ACT or SAT scores;
- School/community service/work experiences;
- Financial need will be the determining factor. The student is required to submit a copy of their FAFSA;
- Three (3) letters of recommendation;
- 500 word essay.
Completed applications must be in the Colorado PTA office, postmarked by March 1, 2017. Winners will be notified in April and invited to attend as our guest at the Colorado PTA Convention on April 29 or 30, 2017. The scholarship is awarded for one year, split equally by semester. Only current application forms will be accepted.
Please duplicate the form as needed.
Thank you for all you do for the students in your school!
PTA School of Excellence Video
National PTA - School of Excellence Enrollment
National PTA School of Excellence is a recognition program that supports and celebrates partnerships between PTAs and schools to enrich the educational experience and overall well-being for all students. As a National PTA School of Excellence, families feel welcomed and empowered to support student success, and PTA is a key partner for continuous school improvement. The path to excellence starts with a joint commitment of PTA and school leaders to work together to achieve PTA’s National Standards for Family-School Partnerships. Through the School of Excellence program, your PTA and school will gain new ways to engage families in school decision-making, such as improvements to programs, practices and policies related to education, health, safety or the arts. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800)307-4782 for more info.
In a report on the analysis of the 2014-2016 National PTA School of Excellence honorees, we found a:
- 46% increase in the number of families that feel their school and PTA always empower them to support student success.
- 102% increase among families that feel their school and PTA always speak up for every child.
- 53% increase in the number of families that feel their school and PTA always share power in decision-making and school improvement.
- 78% increase in families that feel their school and PTA always collaborate with the community.